Thank you for joining us on this journey. This blog will track the progress as we wait the arrival of our first baby.

Psalm 139:13 - You knit me together in my mother's womb

Friday, June 16, 2006

At 7 weeks...already a miracle

Today begins Week 7 of our pregnancy.

Here's what the medical field says about our baby:
At 3 weeks:
  • Days 19- 22 the heart begins to beat
  • The neural tube forms which becomes the spinal cord
  • At 26 days the brain cells grow, also leg and arm buds appear and grow out from body

    At 5 weeks:
  • 40 pairs of muscles present
  • Eyes, legs, hands begin to develop

  • At 6 weeks:
  • Muscles begin to move
  • Brain waves are detectable
  • Mouth, and lips are present

    At 7 weeks:
  • Now 1/2 - 3/4 inch long (roughly the size of a raspberry)
  • Weighs only 1/30th of an ounce but has all the internal organs of an adult
  • Nerves and muscles work together for the first time
  • At 43 days brain wave patterns can be recorded
  • Here's what the Bible says about our baby:
    You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. - Psalm 139:13-16

    I am in absolute awe that every part of our baby forms according to God's perfect design and plan. It is impossible for me to fully grasp that our baby, who weighs only 1/30th of an ounce, has all internal organs that I do. That is not only fascinating, but it is an absolute miracle. I pray for a strong heart. I pray for healthy organs. I pray for every inch of our baby to develop as God has fearfully and wonderfully planned. What a privilege to be a part of this miracle.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    <$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>

    <$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
    posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

    << Home