Thank you for joining us on this journey. This blog will track the progress as we wait the arrival of our first baby.

Psalm 139:13 - You knit me together in my mother's womb

Friday, June 16, 2006

Different approach to parenthood

I am not sure if it is a male/female difference or a Ryan/Stacy difference, but whatever it is, it is becoming clear that Stacy and I are approaching parenthood from two totally different sides of the same coin.

Within the first five minutes of learning that my wife is pregnant, I looked her straight in the eyes and said, "Okay what's the path forward? I mean in terms of how we are going to tell our family and friends." Stacy looked at me an laughed. She said, "we are not talking about a business proposition here. I didn't prepare a Power Point presentation."

My next response was to run upstairs and start looking at how I am going to provide for this new member of our family. I crunched the numbers and realized what we needed to do...open a new savings account and a new checking account to better manage the money we are setting aside for when the baby comes.

So on Wednesday, after work I ran to TCF and opened the accounts. When I rushed home to tell Stacy that I had opened the accounts and received a free CarVacuum as a reward, she looked at me in bewilderment, wondering why I was worrying about money now when we have 8 1/2 months till the due date? "It is time to celebrate," she said, "Not worry about money!"

I am not worried. Just excited. Why does that translate into me opening two new bank accounts? Good question...I don't have an answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<< Home