Thank you for joining us on this journey. This blog will track the progress as we wait the arrival of our first baby.

Psalm 139:13 - You knit me together in my mother's womb

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last week

Last week my sister's best friend, Tracy, lost her baby. She was about two weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy. I can't imagine the hurt and grief of going through a miscarriage. Many of my friends have had a miscarriage. At almost 9 weeks, I already love this little babe so much.

I'm fearful of what the next few weeks could hold, but I try to remember one of my favorite quotes: I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.

Without that certainty, it would be difficult not to worry constantly. But with that certainty, I can rest assured that my baby's days were numbered before one of them even came to be (Psalm 139).

Until now, I don't think I ever TRULY understood the grief and loss associated with a miscarriage. Tracy asked us to pray that her heart would heal as fast as her body has. So today's posting is for Tracy and for all my other friends who didn't have the opportunity to hold their sweet babies in their arms before they went to be with Jesus.

My heart hurts for each one of you and I pray God will use that experience - whether weeks, months or years ago - to draw you closer to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<< Home