Thank you for joining us on this journey. This blog will track the progress as we wait the arrival of our first baby.

Psalm 139:13 - You knit me together in my mother's womb

Monday, July 03, 2006

Out with the old, in with the new

I do not enjoy cleaning and organizing. At all. This comes as no surprise to those who know me well. In fact, I would rather do just about anything else.

However, prior to discovering we were expecting, I had started to transfer the contents of my 'craft room' to another room (since I didn't use my craft room for anything other than storage anyway). For the past month we have been living with boxes, bags, piles of papers and lots-o-scrapbooking stuff filling the hallway and two rooms because I have avoided this unappealing project.

For my organization-is-my-life friends, this would be a dream come true. For Ryan and I, it is a nightmare. We are pack rats and have not acquired any organization skills whatsoever. So on this beautiful, sunny holiday weekend, I spent an entire day sorting, throwing, organizing and condensing.

But I am not complaining. As I moved out 30 plus years of stuff, I moved in a baby swing, a pack-n-play and some onesies.

And now I'll spend the next seven months praying that this new little babe of ours does not acquire our organizational skills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<$BlogBacklinkControl$> <$BlogBacklinkTitle$> <$BlogBacklinkDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$>
posted by <$BlogBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

<< Home